What could be draining my data and battery?
SHEKATZY

What would cause an iPhone 4 to use all the data in one day while not in use? It's also draining the battery very fast too!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data hog
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHEKATZY,

Many things! Email, web access, video and music streaming, applications, games, video and photo uploads. All of which can be processed in the background if the appropriate settings are in place. If the battery is also draining fast then there may certainly be some background processes causing the trouble. Check what applications are using the most data by going to Settings & Cellular. You can also see what applications are being used in the background by going to Settings, General, Background App Refresh.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Data hog
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHEKATZY,

Many things! Email, web access, video and music streaming, applications, games, video and photo uploads. All of which can be processed in the background if the appropriate settings are in place. If the battery is also draining fast then there may certainly be some background processes causing the trouble. Check what applications are using the most data by going to Settings & Cellular. You can also see what applications are being used in the background by going to Settings, General, Background App Refresh.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes