Want to give iphone as gift to someone who has Verizon BBerry
offramp

A friend has a BlackBerry with her Verizon account and I would like to give her an iPhone as a Christmas present.  How do I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want to give iphone as gift to someone who has Verizon BBerry
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are they eligible for an upgrade? If so, what you can do is go to VZW and buy a VZW giftcard for the amount of the iPhone you want to get them (you can do this even if they aren't eligible but you would have to give them the amount of an iPhone at full retail). I'm not sure if they will let you order one for your friend using their account if you aren't an authorized person on their account...since if you get it at the advertized 2 year agreement price they would have to agree to a new contract. You can always call or visit the local VZW store to see what other suggestions they have for you to achieve giving your friend an iPhone as a gift.

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1
Just buy a verizon iphone, show them you have an account, buy one, dont activate and give to them, make sure they dont put your account on it
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

victorbraga98 wrote:
Just buy a verizon iphone, show them you have an account, buy one, dont activate and give to them, make sure they dont put your account on it
If he takes subsidization for the device and doesn't activate it within a timeframe then he WILL be charged full retail for the phone.
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

do they want an iphone? better check on that first

example, you give me one, it goes right on ebay.craigslist

but regardless

just pay full price and its all good

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Do u have ur own service with upgrades?
They person who is giving the iPhone can use there own upgrade and give it to the friend. Since u except the terms when u buy it now there isent that if I buy it then don't activate u could be charged.

Mdram why would this person want to pay full retail. Just curious
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Buy the insurance apple care $100 u get 2 accidental incidents $50 deductible. U could always go with ur friend to get the iPhone so they can use there own upgrade. I would go to the store to ask. If u don't have ur own vzw account I would give her a gift card telling her what u have it to her for.
0 Likes