Verizon iPhone Warranty
chris227
Enthusiast - Level 3

I purchased the Verizon iPhone 3 months ago and I have Verizon's warranty service. 

If I need a replacement I have to pay like $200, correct? And if I have the black one can I get the white one if my black iPhone breaks? And is the replacement new?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon iPhone Warranty
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for your replies. Just to clarify and sum things up, the Total Equipment Coverage (TEC) and Wireless Phone Protection (WPP) cover lost, stolen or physical damage to the device. If you need to make a claim, the deductible is $169.99 for the 16GB iPhone 4 and $199.99 for the 32GB iPhone 4. The replacement may be new or Certified Pre-Owned. 

Also, your device comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty which covers mechanical issues not caused by physical/liquid damage. There is no fee or deductible to replace the device under the warranty and the device will be replaced with a Certified-Pre Owned. 

If you subscribe to TEC insurace you will have Extended Warranty on the device. 

Thank you,

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes, you have to pay the deductible amount ($199 I believe). No, you can't get the white one to replace your black one. And the replacement will likely be a certified "like-new" or used unit.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

I thought with a warranty replacement, you do not have to pay? And they give you a refurbished one, not a new one.

With an insurance replacement (if you have insurance purchased) you still get a refurbished one, and you have to pay a deductible.

And as for the color, that cannot be predetermined. They will ship out whichever they find first.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

vereyezuhn wrote:

I thought with a warranty replacement, you do not have to pay? And they give you a refurbished one, not a new one.

With an insurance replacement (if you have insurance purchased) you still get a refurbished one, and you have to pay a deductible.

And as for the color, that cannot be predetermined. They will ship out whichever they find first.

I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to having the insurance plan and is asking about how repleacements work. The color they will replace it with is the same color you originally had unless i was impossible to get a black one...which is highly unlikely. If the OP meant they only have the 1 year manufacturer's warranty and was asking about purely a warranty replacement, then no, if the issue is a covered problem then they shouldn't have to pay anything but "broken" would possibly make it a none issue if broken is from anything other than a covered issue...because then they would (probably) have to pay full retail to replace their phone.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

kaebfly wrote:

vereyezuhn wrote:

I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to having the insurance plan and is asking about how repleacements work. The color they will replace it with is the same color you originally had unless i was impossible to get a black one...which is highly unlikely. If the OP meant they only have the 1 year manufacturer's warranty and was asking about purely a warranty replacement, then no, if the issue is a covered problem then they shouldn't have to pay anything but "broken" would possibly make it a none issue if broken is from anything other than a covered issue...because then they would (probably) have to pay full retail to replace their phone.

I'm assuming they mean the warranty, due to their title being "Verizon iPhone Warranty"

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for your replies. Just to clarify and sum things up, the Total Equipment Coverage (TEC) and Wireless Phone Protection (WPP) cover lost, stolen or physical damage to the device. If you need to make a claim, the deductible is $169.99 for the 16GB iPhone 4 and $199.99 for the 32GB iPhone 4. The replacement may be new or Certified Pre-Owned. 

Also, your device comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty which covers mechanical issues not caused by physical/liquid damage. There is no fee or deductible to replace the device under the warranty and the device will be replaced with a Certified-Pre Owned. 

If you subscribe to TEC insurace you will have Extended Warranty on the device. 

Thank you,

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes