VW Promised Network Extender but does not deliver
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a prior VW customer who left because I had a monthly bill of $50 and usage of only 10-20 minutes a month.  I do not get a signal at my home because there are some pretty large mountains blocking the signal.  I made multiple calls to VW and they to me.  I requested a network extender and when VW would call checking on my satisfaction I explained how there is no signal at my home so I am not able to use the phone like I would like so I most likely would be leaving after my contact was up.  My contract was up in June 2011 and I did leave because no one would address the request for the extender.

Needless to say once I did cancel, I did get a call from the winback department.  I was promised that in the future if I did come back I would receive a FREE network extender.  I have no began to travel and I am thinking that I may want to come back so I called and spoke with a representative of the winback department.  I am told the offer was only good within 30 days of them offering so it is no longer valid.  So much for the promise made to me and supposedly noted on my account.  Geesh Verizon.  I paid a monthly bill of around $50 and used no more that 1 hour of time (at most) and you cannot afford a network extender?

I guess I was right to leave.  VW does not appear to care about its customers.  Time to head over to US Cellular which I had for many years (approx. 10) before switching to VW.  (I only left USC because I have friends and family who urged me to come over to their side). 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VW Promised Network Extender but does not deliver
rcschnoor
Legend

If service at your house is that important and USC had it, but Verizon did not have it, why would you leave USC?

0 Likes
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

When i had USC I worked in a different job in a different area so had a signal all the time.  I changed carriers while at that job to satisfy friends and family that were also on Verizon.  They we hoping that we could save on calls.   I now work at home and do not have a signal as it is very mountainous.   I was promised a network adapter and all i want is for them to deliver on their promise.  They offered it to me, I did not ask.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I guess the question is whether or not USC has service at your home. If not, how will changing fix anything. Does USC offer a network extender? Did they offer you one for no cost?

Even if Verizon does not give you the network extender for free, they do offer it for sale and would therefore alleviate your "no signal" problem at your house. Can other carriers offer you the same?

It is one thing to say you are leaving because Verizon failed to fulfill its promise, which isn't exactly true. You just failed to act in a timely manner. I personally have never seen an offer which never expired, you may be different. It is a completely different thing to leave a provider which DOES have a solution to your problem and go with a different provider which may not. Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face!

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

I would be unhappy about not having service at my home and would have been unhappy had I not been offered or been able to purhcase an extender.  But, it seems to me that after you left that you had an opportunity to receive a network adapter and chose not to.  I wouldn't expect a company to hold an offer out to me forever. And after a month you really aren't their "customer" so I don't think its a matter of them caring or not (thats not to say that I find them to be the most caring company even to their current customers).  In any case, you can get a network extender iff Ebay for +/-100 dollars...good luck.

0 Likes
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, I gotta say you appear as rude as the VW reps I have spoken with.  Lets see if I can't set you straight on what has happened.

1.  10 years ago I had service with USC.  Everything was fine.  I did not have service at my home but I had it at work and that was good enough for me.  3 years ago my employer decided to let me work from home (one of the perks with sticking it out with a company for 34 years).  I also began to travel and found that VW has a few more options for me.  My family urged me to switch from USC and go to VW so we could save money. So 3 years ago I switched.

2.  My job is no longer in the same area but at home.  I do not get a signal but did not with USC either but I am not using my phone since I am at home most of the time.  Whether USC has a network extender or if it was free is irrelevant as it does not apply. 

3. VW did not fulfill its promise as there was no deadline mentioned.  The rep simply said "When you decided to come back, we'll be there for you, and i will gladly note your account with this promise".  No mention of any deadlines, etc.  I did not leave a provider that had a solution to my problem as network extenders were not available then.  Geesh do you even read.

0 Likes
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was not offered an extender until months after I left VW.  They did NOT offer the solution before I left.  They promised my account would be noted so I could receive one if i decided to return in the future.  I looked on ebay, found nothing there and as I was promised I could receive one all I want to do is receive what was promised.

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Gotcha....I still don't see why VZW would leave an offer open ended like that but I suppose I would be unhappy too under the circumstances as you have described them. 

FWIW, I just looked on Ebay and there are a bunch of extenders, I'll admit that it was only a brief glance and I didn't actually look at anything in depth

0 Likes
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

All refurbished.  As I said I was promised and if they would deliver I'd be happy.  God knows I paid for it.

On the other hand, If VW would simply invest in towers and not profits, more people would be happy.  My town has been promised towers for 4-5 years now but VW refuses to invest.  I guess they are making their money on kids who can't seem to talk anymore and require a phone in their hand 24/7.  Oh well I am happy right now with page plus.  At a cost of 80 a year I get service when I need it, can check email, shop, etc.  No service at home at home but didn't get that with VW either. 

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

I was just about to say "gee doesn't page plus operate on VZW's network" and then I read that you still don't get coverate at home....Sounds like a good option at a fraction of the cost...best of luck to ya with your future wireless services

0 Likes