Re: Unlocking iPhone 4S While Abroad?
Hbennett

Could you tell me if Verizon successfully unlocked the phone if/when you called them from Singapore? I'm in the same boat, but haven't had any luck yet. Verizon confirmed that they unlocked the phone and I've synced and restored in iTunes, but the new Singapore SIM card (one that works on another phone and has been activated) is not being located by my phone. Just thought I'd see if maybe it's an issue with being overseas rather than in the U.S. when I requested the unlock.

0 Likes
mcfong

Hello,
I am struggling with unlocking my iphone 4s. I read on the forums prior to my trip that the Iphone 4s already comes unlocked for international travel. I am traveling throughout Europe and settling in Hungary for about 3 months so I took my iphone with me with the intention of buying a sim once i got to Hungary. Because i operate as part of a family plan, I temporarily suspended my account so as to not affect my family's data and calling plans due to my activity abroad.

I am in Hungary now however, and the carrier here say that my phone is not unlocked for international travel. I start work soon, and tried to get my mother, another manager of the account to call Verizon on my behalf to unlock the phone for travel as I have no working phone number here. My account meets all of the above requirements minus the temporary suspension that I made prior to the trip that has since been reactivated since my mother's phone call.

My question is what can be done at this point? I will be starting work soon and need a mobile device. I purchased with iphone 4s with Verizon knowing that it had international use capabilities. My family and I have been with Verizon for more than 5 years all in good standing, am i supposed to now purchase a phone here in Hungary to use for 3 months?

Any help would be appreciated since I havn't been able to reach anyone via the support hotlines.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mcfong!

We can definitely get you ready for international use! As long as the iPhone 4s meets all of the requirements, it can be unlocked for you. However, the line does have to be active in order for it to be unlocked. Please remove the suspension on the line. I will be sending a Direct Message to you so I can assist if needed.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes