Transferring my contacts
Trying2CatchUp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid and need to get my contacts over to my iphone 4S.  I have used the backup assist in the past but I need to updated it to my current contact list.  Do I use the Backup assistant plus? VZ Contact Transfer?  Confused.  Any help is appreciated. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring my contacts
TalkTo_Chuck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, your android device requires you to sign into a google/gmail account when you buy it. It will back up all of your contacts to that gmail account.

On you iphone,

1. Navigate to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  2. Select Add Account
  3. Select Gmail
  4. Type in your full Gmail email address
  5. Select the Next button and Save

You want all of your Android contacts on your iphone so, after you've done the above steps, If you go back to Mail, Contacts, and Calendar, youll see the account. Tap that account and you'll see switches that you can use to link various types of information to your phone through that account. For example you should see things like Mail (which if turned on will link that gmail email account to your iphone), contacts, calendar, etc. Of course, if you want your contacts, turn on the Contacts switch and it should sync

If that didnt work, try going back to your Android phone and see if theres an option to back up the device to that Gmail account. I wish I could tell you where to look for that, but I've never owned an Android device, but I'm sure i could figure it out if it was in front of me.

Ive added some images to help.

Screen Shot 2012-06-13 at 2.28.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-06-13 at 2.28.17 PM.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bobby2k88

You have to download an app called VZ Contact Transfer. There's no backup assist on the iphone.  

0 Likes
TalkTo_Chuck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, your android device requires you to sign into a google/gmail account when you buy it. It will back up all of your contacts to that gmail account.

On you iphone,

1. Navigate to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  2. Select Add Account
  3. Select Gmail
  4. Type in your full Gmail email address
  5. Select the Next button and Save

You want all of your Android contacts on your iphone so, after you've done the above steps, If you go back to Mail, Contacts, and Calendar, youll see the account. Tap that account and you'll see switches that you can use to link various types of information to your phone through that account. For example you should see things like Mail (which if turned on will link that gmail email account to your iphone), contacts, calendar, etc. Of course, if you want your contacts, turn on the Contacts switch and it should sync

If that didnt work, try going back to your Android phone and see if theres an option to back up the device to that Gmail account. I wish I could tell you where to look for that, but I've never owned an Android device, but I'm sure i could figure it out if it was in front of me.

Ive added some images to help.

Screen Shot 2012-06-13 at 2.28.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-06-13 at 2.28.17 PM.png

0 Likes
hoolahop
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can use something like Copytrans Contacts to transfer contacts to iPhone.

1. Export your Droid contacts to your SD card by going to your Contacts app, clicking on the Menu button > Import/Export > Export to SD card

2. Connect your SD card to your PC, run copytrans Contacts app on your computer, and connect your iPhone too.

3. Now, drag-drop the contact entries from the SD card folder to the main program window:http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8025/7413618256_588373b6d1.jpg

4. Your Droid contacts will now be transferred directly to your iPhone:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7113/7413618028_c4e923964d.jpg

greghop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cheers to the useful tool suggested!

0 Likes