Re: Ship date the 21st!?!?!?
Boxer1

How can you tell if your order number was in the 4000s?? Just wondering I too ordered around 3am and my status still says "Ship dated expected 10/14"

0 Likes
halleedeutch

it's the "order number" listed in your confirmation email.

you check your status with the "pre-order" number, but as far as i can tell from reading on other sites, this is the number you are on the list of people who've ordered.

0 Likes
skibike
Enthusiast - Level 3

halleedeutch wrote:

my confirmation email said that i should receive my device on 10/14.

however, my preorder status on verizon's website now says ship date expected 10/14.

i asked a customer service rep through live chat about the discrepancy, and he/she said that i will receive my device 10/15, so it will be over-nighted 10/14.

i was on verizon's website at 3am, and my order number is somewhere in the 4000's.

Listen, I would take an Verizon employees comment with a grain of salt. They know about as much as you do. The day before the pre-orders, I went inot a Verizon store and I was the only one in the store and I asked them quickly about the pre-order process, seeing as I was coming from ATT. All 3 of them, including the MANAGER, told me that I would not be able to pre-order without an existing account. I knew right away I was dealing with **bleep** and really had me questioning if I was making the right move switching (the manager even tried to get me to buy a iPhone 4 as he said why bother with the 4S). I mean seriously, this really is a disgrace that this company has such incompetent employees working for them....even I knew you would be able to.

The same people that had called Verizon asking why their dates were shifted to 10/21 were told it was because they ran out of stock, then boom, suddenly their dates are back to 10/14. And these were people that ordered as soon as it became available. They just read back to you what you already know,

0 Likes
halleedeutch

that gives me hope that my phone will actually arrive friday!  fingers are crossed.  

i guess the best way to figure out when it's going to arrive is to wait for a tracking number.

0 Likes
Boxer1

halleedeutch wrote:

it's the "order number" listed in your confirmation email.

you check your status with the "pre-order" number, but as far as i can tell from reading on other sites, this is the number you are on the list of people who've ordered.

I gotcha well I ordered at 3am on 7th and my "order number" is in the millions;

0 Likes
halleedeutch

in that case i hope i'm wrong! i got my confirmation email at 3:03am EST if that helps any.

0 Likes
Boxer1

halleedeutch wrote:

in that case i hope i'm wrong! i got my confirmation email at 3:03am EST if that helps any.

you could be right....I ordered at 3:07 am got my confirmation email at 4:30am EST. The wired thing my wife ordered at 3:30am and got her emal at 4:40 and has a lot small "order number" lol

0 Likes
darcey99

I'm furious.  I just got off the phone with Verizon.

After seeing everyone talk about the ship date being changed to the 21st, I got on to check my status and it said below:

We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order.
Please contact Us.

My order number is under 4800.

So I called them and all she said was that the shipment date has been changed for all 16/32 gb's to 10/21. 

The verizon rep said I could get it in the store on 10/14.  What the heck....did I get up at 2:50 am for nothing? 

Also, how come I wasn't notified.  This is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
jstreety

Try looking it up using the confirmation number and not the order number.  Hopefully the ship date moving to the 21st for all 16/32's is for new orders and not preordered phones.  

0 Likes
Boxer1

darcey99 wrote:

I'm furious.  I just got off the phone with Verizon.

After seeing everyone talk about the ship date being changed to the 21st, I got on to check my status and it said below:

We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order.
Please contact Us.

My order number is under 4800.

So I called them and all she said was that the shipment date has been changed for all 16/32 gb's to 10/21. 

The verizon rep said I could get it in the store on 10/14.  What the heck....did I get up at 2:50 am for nothing? 

Also, how come I wasn't notified.  This is ridiculous. 

I would try and contact vzw again to see if you got a 2nd opinon. I ordered at 3:00am and my "expected ship date is 10/14" and my order number is in the millions.

0 Likes