Overdrive Media / Audiobooks
Missy_Bell

Hi,

I downloaded an audiobook from the library to my IPhone 4 using Overdrive Media. When I went to listen to the book today, it said it was expired. So, I had to delete it. I am not sure why this happened. I know I did not listen to the book right away but is there anyway to download a book and keep it forever someplace other than in overdrive media where it can be tracked and expired. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Overdrive Media / Audiobooks
Tidbits
Legend

Missy_Bell wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded an audiobook from the library to my IPhone 4 using Overdrive Media. When I went to listen to the book today, it said it was expired. So, I had to delete it. I am not sure why this happened. I know I did not listen to the book right away but is there anyway to download a book and keep it forever someplace other than in overdrive media where it can be tracked and expired. 

Media books have an expiration date as if you are borrowing the book.  It varies from state to state.  There's no way to keep it forever without breaking the DRM.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Missy_Bell wrote:

Hi,

Media books have an expiration date as if you are borrowing the book.  It varies from state to state.  There's no way to keep it forever without breaking the DRM.

0 Likes
Missy_Bell

Thank you. That solves my issue. Just a few follow up questions.

What is a DRM?

What books are stored on my Itunes account. Would that be the books I purchased from them only?

Thanks again:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Digital Rights

iTunes uses Fair Play DRM(Their own type).

0 Likes
GLBC942

Does downloading an audiobook from the library count as data ?

0 Likes