Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
KathiMR

jyouknow187 wrote:

Yeah i would say i order ( 2 ) iphone 4s ( White ) 16gb  - 12 / 16 ..... and i was told i will get them no later than the 12 / 23 .  but come to find out it say will ship by 12 / 23 and its been 5 days now and it still has not been processed. So hopefully they will be processed i mean really how long does it take to process it..?

what do you mean by process? I was told when I ordered that they were backordered--the white longer than the black & that is the 16 gb.  They seem to be in high demand so seem to be shipping them out as fast as they get them.

Did you get an order confirmation email the date you ordered? I ordered on the 16th over the phone & was told that the white ones were backordered to after Christmas--don't remember the exact date--maybe 12-27.  I got a confirmation email confirming the terms of the order right after I ordered. If you didn't get that, then call to find out why.

If you did get that,  you likely won't hear anything until you get a ship confirmation from Verizon with tracking info.

It also may depend on where you live. As the notice I posted from FedEx said, those in the midwest where the storms are may experience delays because of that.  I don't know how many warehouses or shipping points they have. Mine showed sent from West Chester, PA (but something else said Coatesville, but they are pretty close together). But they may have other distributionn points for different models or to go to different areas of the country.

0 Likes
Chelle1225

I also ordered my iPhone 4s on Friday the 17th and haven't heard anything as far as shipping yet :smileysad:

I really hope it ships before Christmas! It's my Birthday/Christmas present from my hubby. I have an expected ship date of the 27th as well, but I wonder since other people have gotten shipping confirmations already, what kind of order are they going in???

0 Likes
KathiMR

Chelle1225 wrote:

I also ordered my iPhone 4s on Friday the 17th and haven't heard anything as far as shipping yet :smileysad:

I really hope it ships before Christmas! It's my Birthday/Christmas present from my hubby. I have an expected ship date of the 27th as well, but I wonder since other people have gotten shipping confirmations already, what kind of order are they going in???

You didn't say which one you ordered. That seems to make a difference. Apparently white are more backordered than black. & I don't know about the larger size memory. & of course if you are in an area affected by the weather with things being shut down, that would slow things.

The black 16 gb seem to be going out faster.   Plus I don't know how many distribution points they send from or how they work that.  They can't send them until they get them. Mine says designed by Apple in CA, assembled in China. But looks like they are coming into the E Coast  & from there distributed.

Now I need to learn how to use the thing. & had an issue getting my stuff transferrred. It got messed up. I'll do a separate post on that.

0 Likes
Chelle1225

Sorry, I ordered the white 16g... someone that posted earlier said they ordered the white 16g as well on the 17th and they got a shipping notification already ...

I am on the East Coast, thats why it is surprising to me that I haven't received any notice yet...

Good Luck on learning to use it... Let me know how you like it?!

0 Likes
Kidd_Joe

Yes i'm from the east coast as well. Georgia to be exact, well I ordered my iPhone on saturday the 17th, got shipping confirmation on the 20th, and my iPhone delivered to my house today at 1:46 pm. From what I can see from the box my phone came from Texas. The Fedex tracking info says that it then shipped to Tennessee, to south carolina, and then to me in Georgia. So I'm not sure if this means anything in particular, but maybe the closer to Texas you are the better ha, excuse me if i sound like a complete idiot haha.

0 Likes
bowlingchick08

I ordered a white 32GB on 12/6 and still have the same order status and no charge on my cc yet, i am doubtful that it will come before Christmas, so much for guaranteed to ship by dates, im still holing hope....

0 Likes
KathiMR

Kidd_Joe wrote:

Yes i'm from the east coast as well. Georgia to be exact, well I ordered my iPhone on saturday the 17th, got shipping confirmation on the 20th, and my iPhone delivered to my house today at 1:46 pm. From what I can see from the box my phone came from Texas. The Fedex tracking info says that it then shipped to Tennessee, to south carolina, and then to me in Georgia. So I'm not sure if this means anything in particular, but maybe the closer to Texas you are the better ha, excuse me if i sound like a complete idiot haha.

Interesting. Maybe the white ones, or some of them come into a Gulf port rather than an East Coast one?

Or maybe with all the before Christmas shipping going on they come into different ports, & then different distribution centers.

Mine started in West Chester, PA then to Memphis, & then to CA. Didn't see which airport it flew into, looks like maybe SNA--Orange County, CA given that the next place shown in Irvine, CA & then out for delivery.

Well, I'll go down & see if it is charged & head to the Verizon store to have them help me set up my email. & then later to the Apple store for a One to One to learn how to use it better. Big learning curve here. Its touch screen works differently than my previous smart phone, so have to use different touch. Plus I was used to a physical keyboard. I'm getting better though.

0 Likes
Chelle1225

I live in New Jersey. grrrr this is frustrating! I don't understand why some people get them and some people don't... did you order it online or at the store? and do you remember what time you ordered it? I ordered mine around 5pm or so. I hope I get confirmation soon!!!

haha I guess I'm far from Texas so I'm screwed haha

0 Likes
bowlingchick08
I just got the dreaded your shipment has been delayed email.....really?? Two days before it was supposed to ship....fail!
0 Likes
Kidd_Joe

I ordered it from the Verizon Wireless store, and it was on the 17th around 2-3 pm. I feel like the 32 GB models are high in demand out of everything right now.

0 Likes