New phone, old contract
mgg

Ok, I need a little reassurance that I'm making the right decision. I'm planning on buying an iPhone 4s on eBay. I know that it needs to have a clean ESN and I'm only buying from someone that accepts returns, but I want to make sure that I'm doing everything right.

The thing is, I'm on the old Nationwide Connect plan. I love this plan because it has unlimited data and don't won't to lose it. If I upgrade with Verizon, I'd get a good deal on a phone, but would have to get a new plan and would be paying at least $40 a month more for less data than I have now.

If I get an iPhone 4s on eBay and just change the ESN with Verizon, am I correct in my thinking that I will remain on my current plan? I desperately need a new phone, but I don't won't to lose my unlimited data! If anyone could help, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New phone, old contract
VirtousLady

I am in the same dilemma, yes you are correct, just make sure its a verizon Iphone, other carriers cant connect on the verizon network. Thats the trick to it right their, all the carriers have different networks and they are not compatible to each others.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

is your current phone a smartphone?

the old dunb phone data is not compaible with a smart phone and would require a change

but yes it can be done, i did it from 3g to 4g to keep unlimited

0 Likes
daddyd01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why an iPhone when Android is way better OS? Apple is overrated, and is just a status symbol. Do better by yourself, and get an Android powered smartphone. Samsung Galaxy SIII is what I desire. I have had my original Motorola Droid for a long time, and it is tough and reliable.

0 Likes
mgg

I have the Nationwide Connect 450 plan on an LG Envy Touch. I'm not sure if this is considered an actual smartphone or not.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

no, the Envy Touch isn't considered a smartphone; it was in the now-defunct Multimedia Messaging Phone category

I think there's also an issue about upgrading when you have the Connect plan, but I'm afraid I can't remember the details (maybe it's that you lose the data portion and have to choose a tiered plan or that you have to switch plans altogether?); hopefully someone else will chime in here and address that one for you.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to this thread, you would keep your calling portion, but lose your data portion, I'm afraid, and would have to choose a tiered data plan:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/906970#906970

(note SuzyQ's third post)

0 Likes