I've been scammed!
luvtoteach65

I bought an Iphone 4 off craigslist & we can't activate it on our account since the phone is on a closed account with a balance still owed.  How can we go about using this phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I've been scammed!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hate to tell ya, but you should've ensured that the phone had a clean ESN/MEID before purchasing.  Until it does, you can't activate the phone.

0 Likes
pmmcnelis

Don't be so cheap, buy a new phone through legitimate resellers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

>Deleted irrelevant post<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You can not even pay it off to get the phone to work. I take it you took the sellers word the device was good to go. Lesson learned here, I am sure. You will now need to find a legitimate seller or do what I do, just purchase from a VZW corporate store.

The full price for an iphone at VZW does not look so bad now. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

With craigslist purchases, I always recommend meeting the seller at a Verizon store so that you can verify the ESN/MEID before actually paying for the item.  Saved my brother $250 on a phone purchase (blacklisted/stolen?) about 3 months ago using this method.

TNTBOAHN

WHERE R U LOCATED I HAVE HEARD OF STORES THA T CAN WIPE THE PHONE CLEAN.LOOK ON THE INTERNET.

0 Likes
AZ8
Contributor - Level 1

sorry to hear this. next time go to this link and enter the esn/meid/imei

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/estore/certifieddevice/cd

0 Likes
budone
Legend

They may wipe it clean, but the bad ESN/IMEI will still be in VZW databank. If a new ESN is assigned that is not in the approved databank, they still can not activate it.

0 Likes
luvtoteach65

I am in Rocky Mount NC. What would I google?

0 Likes