How do I set up my devices as hotspots?
Lasirena27

I am trying to share my internet connection from my iPhone 4 with my iPad. I have gone to the settings on my phone where it says "Set up personal hotspot" and when I click on it, I am givens message that says: "to enable personal hotspot on this account contact Verizon at 611 or visit website". When I log in and look up my problem it directs me to a step by step process where the iPhone hotspot is already activated, which for some reason mine is not. I tried to call but because it was after service hours.  I wasn't able to reach a representative. Can someone help me?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sharing internet access
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You need to add the tethering/hotspot feature to your plan in order to use that since you are on an old plan.

I believe that it is $20 per month on the unlimited plan for 3G phones.

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

What service plan are you on?  What's the name of the plan?  Does it include tethering? 

With some older plans, you need to pay extra for tethering.  With the newer plans, it is typically included in the plan.

0 Likes
Lasirena27

Thanks for responding. I am unfamiliar with the term tethering- how would I know if I have this? My plan is older- I have unlimited data and it is for a single person. If someone doesn't have this- do you know about how much extra it would cost?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You need to add the tethering/hotspot feature to your plan in order to use that since you are on an old plan.

Lasirena27

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How do I set up my devices as hotspots?
Woodcarveror

Android phone 

0 Likes
Woodcarveror

@ttipgem wrote:

0 Likes
Re: How do I set up my devices as hotspots?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woodcarveror, using the hotspot can absolutely add some extra value to your service. We are happy to guide the way and just need a few details. Which plan do you currently have? What make and model phone do you have so that we may ensure we are providing the exact steps for your phone?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!