Do I need a data plan for the iPhone 4?
d4stuff

Can I swap the flip phone on my family plan with my iphone 4 and NOT have to add a data plan?  It's for my 94 year old mom and she doesn't want email etc, just phone and text.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 4 and do NOT want a data plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

d4stuff

That is an excellent question as we want you to have all of the information need to make the best decision for you. The iPhone 4 is a smart phone and all smart phones do need to have access to data on our plans. If you are already on a plan that has a shared amount of data you will be able to activate that phone without adding any additional data. Now if your plan doesn’t have any shared data as part of the plan, the line will need its own data plan. What is the name of the family plan you are currently on?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 and do NOT want a data plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

d4stuff

That is an excellent question as we want you to have all of the information need to make the best decision for you. The iPhone 4 is a smart phone and all smart phones do need to have access to data on our plans. If you are already on a plan that has a shared amount of data you will be able to activate that phone without adding any additional data. Now if your plan doesn’t have any shared data as part of the plan, the line will need its own data plan. What is the name of the family plan you are currently on?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes