Can I use Siri to enter numbers on dialing prompts?
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sometimes, I use iPhone 4s' Siri or voice control to call my bank, credit card company, Verizon, health insurance company, etc.  Usually, these kinds of companies have an automated system that requires callers to "press 1" for something, "press 2" for something else, etc.

Can I use Siri or voice control to enter these numbers?

For example, I'll say "dial Pharmacy" if I want to refill a prescription.  I get an automated message saying, "press 1 for pharmacy hours and directions," "press 2 to refill a prescription," "press 3 to speak to the pharmacist,"....

Let's say I want to refill a prescription.  Can I say "press 2" and a 2 will take me to the refill system?  And then can I say the prescription number?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Press 1 for <whatever>" Using iPhone 4s Siri or Voice Control
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Probably not unless the system you are calling in to is designed to accept voice commands.

For example, with some systems the prompt is "Press or Say 1".  In that instance, you could speak "one" and it would be entered.

Otherwise, it would not work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Probably not unless the system you are calling in to is designed to accept voice commands.

For example, with some systems the prompt is "Press or Say 1".  In that instance, you could speak "one" and it would be entered.

Otherwise, it would not work.

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suspected that the case might be that the automated system needs to be set up to accept voice input; however, I was hoping that Siri or voice control would be able to convert voice to text.  I guess not....

0 Likes