Calls dropping and phones not ringing.
CoachDonna

I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for years.  I have an Iphone 4 and my husband has an IPhone 5c.  We haven't had problems until recently when for both of us calls have frequently started dropping at home, and both our phones also frequently don't ring with calls going directly to voicemail.  That happens both at home and away from home.  We live in the 07760 zip code.

In addition, I sometimes can't make calls from home.  With the connection failing before the phone ever rings.

Something has to have changed for it to be affecting both of us.  We've updated our software, updated the network.  Done every fix we could think of but nothing helps.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls dropping and phones not ringing.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CoachDonna,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the dropped calls. Do the iPhones have cases on them? If so, does the problem persist with the cases removed? How many bars (or circles) do you see on the iPhones? Try resetting the network settings and let us know if you see any improvement: http://vz.to/1krEcZ6 .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CoachDonna

Hello Brian,

Reset the phones.  Still only ringing randomly and mostly going straight to

voicemail.  Calls still dropping like crazy.

Donna

"...we don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop

playing."

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this email but trillions of

electrons were excited to participate.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SierraTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like you are suffering from the same issue many of us have reported. Are you seeing 1x or 3G? It seems the last couple of weeks things have improved for us, but has been bad for over 2 months.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Try this.

Settings-Do No Disturb

Make sure its set to off.

Also make sure receive calls from everyone is selected.

Settings-Cellular

Check that its set for CDMA LTE and not Global.

After all these are checked or adjusted simply hold down the on/off button to restart the phones.

Good Luck

0 Likes
CoachDonna

Trying it now. Fingers crossed.

thanks for your reply

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hope it works for you?

If you need more assistance the apple help site is a good place to start.

http://www.apple.com/support

0 Likes
CoachDonna

Didn't work.  Smiley Sad  Googling more.  The support site didn't address the issues.

0 Likes
SierraTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you connected to WiFi, if so turn off WiFi temporarily and see if 3G or 1x is displayed. If 1x calls will go to voicemail or if it drops to 1x good chances are you will drop the call or won't hear caller (unless you have 3 or more bars). 3G is EVD0 and is needed to complete a call when you receive a call. I have never received a call when I show 1x, and they go straight to voicemail.

If WiFi is connected you have no way of knowing you might not be receiving 3G on iPhone 4. This seemed to be a huge problem on iOS 7.1.1 (seemed to improve somewhat on 7.1.2 but that might be just a coincidence).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CoachDonna,

Oh no! Sorry to hear that did not work. Do you have cases on the devices? How many bars of signal strength do you have when this issue occurs? Have you tried dialing *228 and selecting option 2?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes