Re: Backup Assistant and Verizon Cloud Apps don't sync properly
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

unfortunately in all the time I have been familiar with Backup Assistant it has NEVER worked correctly and has always done the exact same thing. Even if you could go in and delete them from the cloud and delete them from the trash can it will still upload some of them to your phone. It will also mix up numbers and names etc.... or just NOT back up all of the contacts at all.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant and Verizon Cloud Apps don't sync properly
BryanWay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having this same stupid problem. My Android's operating system crashed, so I backed it up and reset it. In said process, I was asked to install the Verizon Cloud, which I'd never used consciously before, but I figured, why not?

Suddenly, contacts I use regularly are arbitrarily deleted, and my fiancée's entry has been populated with additional numbers that have been obsolete as far back as 2009. So I try to go about deleting them, and my phone tells me I can't edit a contact on this 'app', and since I've been conveniently notified by the image of the Cloud just above the new numbers, I accessed said app and got repeated error messages. Here, it allowed me to *look* at the obsolete numbers, and even *call* them, but wouldn't you know it, there's absolutely no way to delete the sodding numbers.

Figuring I'd take this higher, I signed into my Cloud account for the first time at MyVerizon. The first thing I did was examine the contact list, verifying that each entry had the proper numbers, and to my surprise, they did! So I took the time to delete about a dozen unnecessary contacts, empty the trash, and attempt to sync my phone again. Like a splinter that refuses to be dislodged, the same obsolete numbers remained. So there must be some serious disparity between what is stored in the Cloud one accesses online and the app on one's phone.

Simplest solution? Under settings/apps, find the pesky Verizon Cloud and press 'uninstall updates'. Once that was done, everything was right with in my phone's universe.