After Verizon automatically unlocked the iPhone 4s, is it possible to now use it on At&t's network?
rcumber

I have an old iPhone 4s that was replaced by my current iPhone 6 plus. I reset the old phone to factory settings, then updated it via iTunes. After the update was completed, a message appeared stating "This iPhone is now unlocked" which I expected to happen.

Now my boyfriend's At&t iPhone 4s has taken a brutal beating over the past 2 years, I was wondering if it's possible for him to use it? (i.e Removing his SIM card and placing it in the phone). I have searched the web for a definitive answer and none can be found. I'm just trying to see if it's a possibility instead of sending it in for a replacement via insurance (which is still a little costly).

Thanks in advance for any input or answers!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After Verizon automatically unlocked the iPhone 4s, is it possible to now use it on At&t's network?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

All Verizon phones are unlocked. He just needs to take out his SIM card from his iPhone and put it in the other one; assuming they are the same size SIM. If they aren't, he can take the iPhone into his carrier and get a new SIM card and use it.

0 Likes
Re: After Verizon automatically unlocked the iPhone 4s, is it possible to now use it on At&t's network?
rcumber

Thank you for your fast reply! Much appreciated

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You're welcome. Really your boyfriend should be thanking you for keeping an old iPhone - saved him oodles.

0 Likes