Re: After IOS7 install, my service is awful.
chica734

turn off all the background data that is automatically turned on in the settings

0 Likes
JuneSim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exactly same issues.

Sometimes just shows 1x and became really slow and keeps dropping calls and having terrible connections.

What can I do??

JuneSim
Enthusiast - Level 2

And my zip code is 90006, working place 90038.
It's not only one area.

also only on verizon iphones.

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!!!!

0 Likes
donttoewsme
Enthusiast - Level 2

My signal strength is still no longer the same, but my connection have improved.  Apple representatives are a lot more knowledgeable and helpful than those from Verizon.  I spent an hour with a Verizon representative the other day, and nothing.  After chatting with apple and pulling a diagnostic, I had to do a complete reset of my phone, and start it as new. (do not restore from back-up), you can then manually add back everything.  It is possible that the lapse and dropped calls bug is saved in the back-up restore.  I did that yesterday, and so far haven't had any dropped calls. If you still have AppleCare my reccomendation is to go chat or call Apple for help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Conklin2661,

This issue definitely sounds serious! Do you mind sharing your zip code? Are the dropped calls only occuring indoors? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
MS4kids

I also had 1x symbol instead of 3g and text messages failed to deliver.  In addition, I had dropped calls and was unable to complete outgoing calls for about 45 minutes today, 9-27-13.  It must be a verizon or apple issue.  The zip code problem occurred in was 33014.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JuneSim,

Coverage is booming out there! That being said, we may need to focus in on your phone. Which model iPhone do you own? Issues only since the iOS7 update? Tried any troubleshooting? We'll figure this out.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TampaShelley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Monday my 4 S has dropped at least 10 calls a day. Multiple drops on the same call.  Not good when I'm on a conference call for work.   I have not added the iOS 7.   Still using the old Apple operating system.   Does Verizon have any idea why the calls are dropping so much this week.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to get down to the bottom of this, JuneSim. I would suggest resetting your Network Settings. Here are the instructions..http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/47779/ Please let me know if this helps.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MS4kids, I was just passing through and saw that you needed assistance.  It sounds like you have a lot more going on than donttoewsme.I recommend that you delete all unwanted text messaging conversations, reset the network http://vz.to/16ZnIy8 and power it off/on to soft reset. I trust that these steps will improve the performance of your device. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes