Re: This Upgrade Fee is a Rip off
Jugganaut
Enthusiast - Level 2

You made that up. I never said that anything operates for free.

If you're saying that "It's not much different than the government using tax money on infrastructure" and I already pay for data/talk, fees and taxes already on my cellular service plan every month. Doesn't that validate my point on why I'm paying an upgrade fee ? 

If it's like you say compared to the government scenario.. I'm being taxed twice, which again I have a problem with.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Jugganaut-

You raise a valid point!  It's funny how some of the posters here "always" take Verizon's side... and not the customer's side... lol

I'm sure it's too late now for you, but this will hopefully help others...  If you are charged an "upgrade fee of $40", call Customer Service and tell them you're a longtime customer and you want the fee reversed.   More often than not, they'll reverse it on your bill.  If the first person says "no", ask for their manager/supervisor.  - - They do this all the time! - - And why not?  You're a good customer!

0 Likes
strudelnoggin

You are calling it what it is. "Administrative fee" is similar to a tow truck driver charging you a "gate opening fee", except in this case, its even less justified as these processes are automated.  They are completely and utterly automated as in no human is ever involved.  They are simply stating that "something" occurred - and then inventing a fee so they can charge you.  This is called fraud and companies do this every single day.  Banks for example commit this type of fraud all the time.  

It's not fraud though legally if you bury it in a terms of service that the customer agrees to.  Morally though?  Completely and utterly identical.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes