Can't receive SMS text messages. IMessages come in fine
lshipman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just switched to Verizon last Wednesday and ported the wife and I's numbers over from T-Mobile. This morning she was reinstalling her apps and some send you a text to verify your identity. She didn't get any of them. So we started noticing she is not getting ANY SMS text messages but receives IMessages just fine. Verizon technical support doesn't seem to know why. They tried several things. They've tried resetting network settings. The person on the other end RECEIVES her messages just fine but she doesn't receive their response. Their end says messages are delivered....just not to her phone. I am not having the same trouble even though we switched the same day. We both have iPhone 11's.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive SMS text messages. IMessages come in fine
lshipman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could be. We worked on it all day yesterday with Verizon and got nowhere. I called this morning and worked with a Level 2 tech. She had me turn off iMessaging to test SMS texting when all of a sudden 40 text messages poured through! She said she didn't do anything so maybe it just needed a little "push" or a "gate" to be opened. We turned iMessaging back on and everything is working fine now. I'm glad but very confused.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is possible that the port process hasn't completely transferred all your line's functions to the new carrier. I would suggest that you call the port center from another phone and ask them to check on the status of the port process. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lshipman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could be. We worked on it all day yesterday with Verizon and got nowhere. I called this morning and worked with a Level 2 tech. She had me turn off iMessaging to test SMS texting when all of a sudden 40 text messages poured through! She said she didn't do anything so maybe it just needed a little "push" or a "gate" to be opened. We turned iMessaging back on and everything is working fine now. I'm glad but very confused.

lshipman
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lshipman

Your last post was blank. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lshipman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot I already answered and couldn't figure out how to delete my post...lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lshipman wrote:

I forgot I already answered and couldn't figure out how to delete my post...lol

There isn't an option to delete a post. You can only edit it within the first five minutes of it being posted. 

0 Likes