Activating iPhone 11: Issue With the Pin
fcolletti61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey there, I ordered an Iphone from apple's site a day ago. It came in this morning, and the set up has been shaky. It started great. It prompted me to hold my old phone next to it, used the camera to verify the image on the new phone, it asked me to confirm the phone number, then it asks me for a PIN. I am not sure what pin they are looking for. Verizon PIN? Verizon Cloud PIN? 

I proceeded to try a few PIN's i routinely use for all my other devices. Nothing seems to work, a google search says the last four of your social security can be used, that didn't work. I found an 8 digit number on my Verizon Cloud account, that didn't work. After numerous tries, it told me I needed to reset my PIN. They tell me to go to MyVerizon to reset it. There is no page or link on MyVerizon account for a pin. When I search through FAQ's on the page, they provide me with links to this page to view and reset the PIN; except that every time I click those links, they take me right to the default "My Account" page on MyVerizon. I've never had an issue activating phones in teh past. This one is a head scratcher. Not only do I not know my PIN, but I can not locate where to change or reset my PIN. Any help here would be great. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: Activating iPhone 11: Issue With the Pin
Weth
Legend

It's the pin on your old phone that you would use to unlock it. 

0 Likes
pd24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Honestly I tried a bunch of stuff from Reddit and reset my pin like 4 times but I just called the *611 number and got to Tech Support and she helped me do it like magic in like 10 minutes so I would just save yourself a lot of pointless waiting and do that! 

bearone21
Legend

your issues may have been different than the op's but thanks for sharing.

0 Likes
sunnydulce
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same issue as the OP . . . and I reset my PIN (that's what the phone I couldn't activate told me to do) at Verizon . . . The new phone still gave me the error message because I had tried too many times with the wrong pin.  Even though I updated my PIN, the new phone still gives me the same error message.

I had to turn off the phones and try again. Didn't help, still said I had the wrong pin and that I needed to update my pin at verizon. And around and around I went. 

*611 and asked to talk with an agent, but I kept getting disconnected since I chose not to use their link via text. Four calls, four hangups--even when I chose the "talk to a representative". I despise being hung up on. Verizon has done that to me probably eight times in the past two days.

0 Likes
concernedcustomer123

I called *611 and it told me the number was unavailable and I should call *611. This is a new level of tech support heck.

0 Likes