2018 iPad Pro Change Carrier
FUNCRITTER2

I have a 2018 iPad Pro that has a Verizon sim in it. I got the iPad directly from Verizon and the data plan is part of my carrier plan.

Because I don't get reliable data service at my house on Verizon, I can't use the data plan on my iPad while I am at home. I want to add another carrier to my iPad that does cover my immediate area but when I go to add new plan in settings, no carriers come up and I only get a screen that says other. I tap that and I get a screen prompting me to scan a QR code.

Are the Verizon iPads carrier locked? Am I not able to add another carriers plan to my iPad Pro, 2018 model?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2018 iPad Pro Change Carrier
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you not have Wi-Fi at home?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FUNCRITTER2

Of course but that doesn't help answer my question.

0 Likes
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

We are so sad to hear that you are not getting our service on your iPad at your home, FUNCRITTER2. We are here to help.

Regarding wanting to use another provider's service, all LTE device are unlocked as soon as they are activated on our network. However, no other providers would show in the Settings of your iPad, since it was manufactured to be used with our network. You would need to get a new SIM card from a different provider.

We do not want to lose you as a customer and we are more than happy to help trouble shoot the service. What zip code are you located at? Do you have a Verizon phone that works at your home? Also, does the iPad get service when outside?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FUNCRITTER2

I just don't get service basically at my house. I happen to live in a dead zone where neither Verizon or AT&T can ever seem to get me service here. I have to keep WiFi calling on to even be able to make a call here. Data speeds are non existent here except for around maybe 2AM and then my speedtest is around 1Mbps download and 0 up.

My Zip is 80221 right in the middle of Denver.

As far as the iPad goes, I have a T-Mobile data plan that I'm using now and thankfully, they are the only carrier that can get me great signals and data speeds at my house. I also have a phone line activated on T-Mobile for the reasons listed below.

Why am I worried about having to depend on WiFi so much while I am at home? Well it's winter. Anyone who lives in Denver in the winter knows we occasionally lose power during snowstorms and having a phone would be a necessity as well as  having access to the internet.

And yes, you read this correctly, T-Mobile (and Sprint) are the only carriers who can get me service at my house that is usable without Wifi calling enabled.

0 Likes