View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Nokia Lumia 928 Freezes Up....
rmcj

I am posting just to contribute to the documentation that this is a real problem, and Verizon/Nokia should acknowledge and do something about it.
I'm on my second 928, the first died during a hard reset. The new one (about 6 weeks old now) has been freezing a couple times a week, I can't power it off because the touchscreen will not respond, it takes about 20 minutes of repeatedly pressing/holding prescribed power/ volume / camera buttons before it will restart. When it does come back up, the display color is wacked (like an old CRT with one color missing), it takes 2 or 3 subsequent restarts to get that right again.

Definitely not heat or Bluetooth related (today it happened when I picked phone up after an hour of non-use, & I don't use Bluetooth at all)

Whether software or hardware, this is definitely not just me, and not just you. The behavior described by others above often exactly matches what I am experiencing. 

Extremely frustrating.

(BTW, when I took my first 928 back, I'd had it for <2 mos. and it had a small crack in the screen. I had to pay another $100 deductible to have insurance cover it, even though the problem was definitely not related to the crack)

0 Likes