View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Anyone else waiting for a better WP7 device on Verizon?
veprk

I wouldn't expect any new WP7 devices on Verizon for quite a while.  Given Verizon's lack of enthusiasm for WP7 and the uncertainty of how well it is going to be able to compete against Android and the iPhone they are going to watch how things unfold before they decide to invest much more into WP7.  That being said, I'm sure that new devices will come, but until WP7 becomes a major player in the market it just won't get priority, so it could be a long time.

The only thing that we can take from the upcoming Mango update is that the likelihood of seeing any new devices for GSM or CDMA prior to Mango is very small, the only exception I'm aware of is the HD7s.

I was also worried about the screen size.  I am coming from a droid, and I like the hardware keyboard, but the feedback I have heard and read about the WP7 keyboard has motivated me to forego those concerns, it is supposed to be in a class of its own.

Aside from that I agree that you can never have enough processing power, but if the current device doesn't make you wait on the processor then it's not a huge issue.  I don't really use bluetooth, so I didn't even consider that.

I finally decided to go ahead and get the Trophy knowing that I might pay full retail to get a newer device if it was compelling enough.

0 Likes