View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Anyone else waiting for a better WP7 device on Verizon?
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Ok - I didn't mean that there would necessarily be new hardware on the day Mango is released.  Just that there has already been commitment that there will be new hardware based on Mango.  Yes, you are right, it could (God help us) be months.  But I doubt it.  I would be surprised if there weren't new devices (though not on Big Red) within weeks, if they are not released that day.

Yes, the VZW employees trying to turn people away from WP7 is quite aggravating. 

I didn't say that hardware couldn't support 4g before mango.  For all I know, some of it might.  That's a spec I have not looked at.  But until the software supports it, it won't work even if it is there.  Which means Mango.

And yes, you're right, Verizon could have picked better hardware.  I'm not sure whether time had anything to do with it, or what the relationship is between what manufacturers make and what Verizon asks for, but would think they could have done better.  I do know, though, that they picked this phone in December if not before that, as they advertised it in December to MS employees.  That doesn't cut them any slack for not putting up additional phones, however.

0 Likes