View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Fraudulent Calls
JESTEP

Initially we thought the phone was misplaced and lost power in the house during a large family event the night before. We had checked through the google account the phone was using that it hadn't been turned on as well. Additionally, roughly $1000 of the charges occurred days after the phone was reported stolen.

Now, Verizon is holding the account hostage, we can't use the phones, except for incoming calls, they want us to purchase an international plan even though they literally refused to tell us if this will actually save anything. I can't even make this us, they said the international call cost would go down frin $1.99 to $.70 per call. I asked how many international calls were placed on the lost phone, they literally said we can't tell you that and they refused to say what the cost difference would be when asked specifically about it.

They said we can dispute the charges after they are finalized which is in roughly a month, so must pay or can't use Verizon until November. Basically requiring us to pay $4300 in international phone calls we didn't make and then dispute the charges which they have repeatedly said, until the call this morning, we aren't liable for.

And again, I've got chat and voice recordings of Verizon stating all of the fees will be refunded by something like 6 or 7 different people including 2 in fraud, at least 2 in customer service, and 1 in finance, and at least one in their online chat.

0 Likes