View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: No Appreciation for Existing Customers
SHORTKITTEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

My bad...I have been a Verizon customer since they took over AirTouch approximately 18 years ago...and, your bad, because I received my last Loyalty Discount on 9/8/15 which was AFTER the "at least 2014" date you give...we all make mistakes...

Neither mistake is that important to the overall complaint which was that Verizon has always given me a discount since I've been with them and now the only discounts available are the same as they would give to anyone else...which, to me, is sad.  Loyalty gets us, the consumer, nowhere nowadays.  I just miss the choices I had 2 years ago, where we had over 20 phones to choose from ranging from free - approx 200.00 and we could choose based on our budget.  It was available 2 years ago during my last upgrade (and all previous upgrades), but now it's not (I was able to pay 149.99 up front instead of the approx 500.00-700.00 retail...which was much better than the monthly option).

This is just my opinion - it is not right, it is not wrong, it is just an opinion.  Verizon knows they are the Gold Standard for phones (which is why, at least for now, there is no need to offer things like the free Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc promos of the other carriers), but I don't feel they are appreciating us that have not gone over to one of those other carriers.  I'm not going anywhere and that's what they are banking on.