Hello. I have talked to Verizon executive customer service about this and they told me something that disturbs me. I have home wifi with my cable provider and my phone still uses mobile data even when I am connected to WiFi.
- What makes you think this is the case ?? I was told that I have to manually cut off the mobile data to keep my mobile data from being used while I am on wifi.
- Not unless your phone is faulty and it is not switching between wifi and cellular.
Now, my problem is why do I have to do it? My phone, if it is as smart as it is said to be, should automatically know when I am on wifi and just use the WiFi period. That is why they are called SMARTPHONES. This really aggrevates me. Also, why am I being told that my phone uses more data on a 1X signal than a 4G LTE signal?
- Who the heck told you that? Not even possible to use data at 2G speed compared with 1,000 times after LTE. That does not even sound right. The executive customer service representative said that I am connected longer due to the slow speed and that uses more data.
- Ha, ha. It doesn't matter how long it takes to transfer a megabyte of data, it's still only a megabyte. (I will refrain from comment on his intelligence). A pound of feathers weighs as much as a pound of rocks. None of that even sounds rights. Why should my phone use more data on a slower signal? One more thing, the Verizon wireless website coverage maps show that I am in a LTE coverage area. If that is the case, then why am I getting a roaming or 1X signal?
- If your cell signal is that poor, your phone will default to the best signal, your wifi. I haven't been complaining about it much until now because i have to go up the road about a mile when I leave home just to make a call. I do have wifi calling when I am home, so that part is a non-issue. My problem is having to go up the road about a mile and turn on airplane mode and turn it back off to get a sufficient signal to make a call. Most of the time, I am roaming. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Gracias.
P.S. Please, do not pull the wool over my eyes. I know when I am being taken advantage of.
I'm going to guess you are looking at your data REPORTING on your online account. I wrote reporting in all caps as data does not report in real time. Data is collected by towers all day and reports back when your phone disconnects. This is often when your phone is home on wifi or off for the night.