View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
lied to during phone upgrade
aburke1688

I very recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge, and while I really like this phone, I am completely appalled at my treatment and the lies I bought into from Verizon.

During the upgrade process, I was asked if I would like to trade in my old phone.  I declined this, as I wanted to return my phone to the vendor on Amazon I bought it from as I had nothing but problems with the old phone (A Motorola Droid Razr).  I started to receive texts and emails from Verizon stating I need to send back the old device or be charged $500.

I chatted with a Verizon representative today, and spent a good hour waiting for her to repeat herself and not actually answer any of my questions, like why was I given the option to opt out of sending in my old phone if they were going to force me to do so anyways.

My family has been a long time Verizon customer.  Over 15 years with Verizon.  I do believe once my contract is up, they have lost a long time client.

My question is, how is Verizon able to get away with the false advertising?  I had planned on sending back my $99 phone to get my money back for the defective, glitch filled phone.  If I do that, I'll get charged upwards of $500 from Verizon.  If I send it back to Verizon, I'm out $99.  If I had known this, or was told at any time during my upgrade that this is how it was actually going to happen, I would've jumped ship then.

So thanks Verizon.  For not only wasting my time, but my money as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes