View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
2nd Device Bait and Switch?
spartansui

Hello,

I decided to see what it would cost to add a second line and second phone to my current plan. I currently have 3GB of DATA and I am making monthly payments on an iPhone 6S. I wanted to switch my girlfriend to my plan from her carrier and decided to see what it would cost. I went online and added a device and it said my bill would only go up to $122.24 from about $112 of what I currently pay. I was really excited, this would be a new phone for her and not much more than what I currently pay. I have an 18% employee discount and everywhere I looked it said my bill would only increase to $122.24.

Well I went to my email account and found an email saying my bill will increase $166.53! What's this nonsense? Maybe I was naive to believe my bill would only go up a little for a new phone & shared plan, but I figured my discount was working well for my favor and I figured this was some sort of discount for having two phones on one plan. However, the website listed my bill would only increase to $122.24. Was I stupid to believe what the website was saying? It seems like a bait and switch to me. Nowhere did it say my bill would be an extra $44.29. I wouldn't have agreed to that. What the hell Verizon. I have the confirmation receipt to prove it.

I get where the price comes, it says $91 for two devices, and you add the $31.24 for the new iPhone, it adds up to $122.24. However below that it says I save $39.00 in "employee monthly savings". So perhaps this is my fault, but this is very deceiving. Nowhere listed my actual bill increase. Ugh.

Labels (1)
0 Likes