View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Unable to honor promo what was emailed
banks_briand

I am very frustrated with Verizon Customer Service right now.  I received an email stating "Ring in the new year with $200 off. Save $100 instantly when you upgrade to any Android smartphone and choose monthly payments. Then get an extra $100 off when you use promo code UPGRADE at checkout."  I tried to do this through online sales and it would not allow me to apply the upgrade because it could not be combined with the said $100 automatic discount.  I spent ~20 min with a chat representative who could not resolve my issue and referred me to call 1-800-922-0204.  The rep i spoke to at that number was very nice but was still not able to resolve this after 45 min. She then transferred me to "Telesales" where I explained my issue to the sales rep who made it seem like it would not be a problem. After another 45 min and attempting to sell me 3 accessory bundles and a case, he was unable to apply the promo code as well.  He ultimately told me that the promo was for my wife's phone (the email ad made no mention of this) and that I had the option of paying off her phone, upgrading it, and then calling customer service to have the numbers switched.  I was very frustrated at this point and asked for a return call tomorrow just to get off the phone.  I spent almost 2 hours tonight and the ultimate resolution I was given was something I could have accomplished online in 10 min.

Labels (1)
0 Likes