View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Used *228 on 4G Phone foolishly, and phone number changed?
jimstyro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was receiving an error on my phone while attempting to text message someone that was something along the lines of "Service for CARD 1 has been disconnected(error97)". Something along those lines. I wasn't getting any 4G data at the time - which I simply attributed to poor service in the area - but I was still getting 3G so i checked some forums online and found a suggestion that said to try dialing *228 in order to reprogram the phone. It stated it was a quick fix for that particular error so I gave it a shot. Afterward, I was able to text message again, but I haven't since been able to get 4G LTE running, and more importantly my phone number changed entirely. I tried calling a few people and later I'd found that my friends and family had been getting a call from a Kentucky number, which I'd found out was my own phone in Michigan. I had planned to call customer service but because of labor day the hours were cut short. I've done some research on the *228 error on 4G phones and how it fries SIM cards, but I haven't heard anything about phone numbers changing entirely. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes