View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
I shouldn't have trusted customer service representatives...
ARBK

I wanted to just file a complaint with Verizon, but couldn't find where to do that so I'm posting here to let them know about the bad customer service I received. My main complaint is that the people working for Verizon either don't understand their own plans, or consciously choose not to tell the whole story.

If you don't want to read the whole story, the short version is that I was told my wireless plan would cost less than it did when signing up, then when I called customer service to ask about the higher bill they suggested a way for me to get it lowered. When I tried to follow the representative's suggestions I found out they were just plain wrong and there was no way around paying the higher bill that I had been lied to about in the first place.

Details:

Nov. 7 - I'm in an old family plan that I want to leave and start a new joint plan with my wife who was previously not with Verizon. We sign up for the medium plan and are told it is $45 plus $20 access fee for each phone (she explicitly said it was $20 for each phone). She trades in her phone for a $300 discount on a new one and gets a Droid Maxx 2 which is about $380. So we should be paying $45 for medium plan + $20 access fee + $20 access fee + $3.50 phone payments.

Nov. 12 - I get the bill with a $40 access fee for my phone. I call customer service and they say that if you keep an old phone you have then the access fee is $40 (this was never mentioned by the sales person when we signed up). The representative says I should go back to the store and trade in the phone to get the $20 access fee. They say this is definitely doable.

Nov. 14 - Go back to the store and they say I can't trade the phone in and am stuck with the higher access fee because of the contract my phone is under (I wasn't really aware about this - I wasn't in charge of the previous plan). We'll need to wait for the contract to expire or pay $300 to cancel it.

I get that because of the old contract I'm stuck with this, but why couldn't the sales person or service representative tell me that? They both pulled up the account details and spend several minutes looking at them - is it really that hard to understand how the plan works or did they just choose not to tell me the whole story? It would have saved me a lot of time and of course I probably wouldn't have signed up for the new plan in the first place.  I guess you win this time Verizon...

Labels (1)
0 Likes