View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: The Verizon Plan -- Better than More Everything?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SBKohn

Getting the best value for your service is very important. I share your concerns and want to make sure you get the best solutions. I’d like to address some concerns. Switching plans can greatly benefit some customers, while staying on the plan you have can be better for others. In some cases, the costs are the same or only penny’s apart. Going from 20 month payments to 24 month payments still nets you the same amount paid at the end. Using our payment plan will still save you money in the long run versus a 2-year contract pricing. When you purchase a phone with a 2 year contract, your line access will be $40.00 regardless of plans you choose. This can add additional costs over a 2 year agreement than using device payments.

For example, lets look at the iPhone 6s 16GB. With a 2-year contract your total will be $1,199.99 ($199.99 + $40.00 (upgrade fee) + $960.00 (2 years of line access)). Compared to the same phone with device payments $1,129.99 ($649.99 + $480.00 (2 years of line access)). That is a savings of $70.00 over 2 years!

Lets break down the cost of the new plan. From your details, it appears all 5 lines are not under contract. At $20.00 per line this would be $100.00. 20GB is $120.00 and a jetpack would be $10.00. Total (before taxes/discounts/etc) is $230.00. Each device you would like to purchase on device payments would have their own separate cost: http://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/ Your corporate discount would still apply to the $120.00 data charge.

Also, if you are already using the 25GB Verizon Cloud promotion on your More Everything plan, it will transfer over to the New Verizon pricing. It will only be available on the lines that already had it and any change to the Verizon Cloud feature would remove the promo.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post