View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: It says a lot about a company who provides no vehicle to file a complaint.
Dizzy52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree with you more. Wait until you hear this!

I have been a Verizon customer for 15 years. I have lived in my home for 11 1/2 years. I have had normal service until June of this year.

At that time I had no bars in my home. So, after multiple hours on hold, over several days, it was determined by a "level 2 tech rep" that the cell tower near me was being updated, and should be cleared in a few days.

It did come back for about 3 weeks, then left entirely again.

So, after being a customer of Verizon's for all this time, never sending in a late payment, never turning back in a [removed] phone, I was told that the only solution would be for me to get a network extender for $250.

Now, am I insane to think that after their service goes down after so long, that THEY should fix my service by providing me the extender? That's what everyone I've talked to said, and was shocked that Verizon didn't just give me it.

So, being thoroughly livid over this, it took another 3 hours of being on hold to get to [removed], a second level manager in tech support. He told me over and over again what a great deal he's giving me by charging me only half - $125, stating that they can't give me the piece of equipment because of their arrangement with Samsung. And, numerous times he called in an "accessory."  WHAT?

Oh, and by the way, [removed] sent me a text and an email and said I could contact him. Guess what? He's never returned any of my emails or texts as the problem continues, and I've saved them all as evidence Verizon!

So, again against my better judgement I got the network extender. Now, a week later THAT doesn't work, and guess who Verizon blamed now....my internet provider stating that the signal wasn't strong enough.

So, I called my cable provider, COX, who told me to pick up a new modem. I did so, it didn't work, they came out today, and fixed it and it's now putting out 35mps upload speeds. [removed] Verizon. And by the way, this all cost me $189. Again, money I would never have spent if Verizon had kept its corporate word.

As an aside, do you know how frustrating it is to hear how great the network is from Verizon during the nauseating, endless commercials you're forced to listen to on hold. I know, I've spent over 15 hours on hold to this point.

So fired it all up, and, I know you won't possibly believe this, but it STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

So, another hour + of my time to call back in and have them trouble shoot this again. I know their incompetence will likely never be able to figure out why I lost my service, and why their $125 [removed] doesn't work in my house.

Verizon has NEVER, NOT ONCE, offered me even the slightest bit of compensation for no service. Made me buy the extender, and still doesn't supply me the network I am paying for.

You are right, glasj2002, they could give a [removed] about their customers. They say they do, but when they get a problem, they just would prefer that you just go away, both because they are incapable of providing service, and mostly that the upper management of this company truly doesn't give a [removed] about their customers.

Personal information and profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator