View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
New to Verizon - Have MANY Feature/Plan Questions...
cncden

Joined the Verizon Family today...

Was a Sprint subscriber for MANY years - was on a fantastic plan, better than anything they offer today - and I gave it all up to switch to Verizon (more expensive) because I'm under the impression that the rural areas I travel will be covered. That was the ONLY complaint I had with my old service!

Now, I have a brand new Samsung Intensity & a Moto Vu204 on the Family Share Basic plan with 250 Txt added (to both lines) and 2 insurance coverages.

I have no idea about texting, browsing, et cetera - I only used my phone with Sprint... Perfectly happy without all the bells & whistles, but EVERYONE called me a relic & said I had to join the 21st Century - so here I am, and I have NO IDEA what I just bought or how to use it.

I want to make sure there are no "extras" on my plan besides the two I listed above, but I don't even know what is default (included) in the "Basic" plan.

I want to learn how to use these bells & whistles I now have. I can't find any feature descriptions, per item charges (except the txt package), or how to use anything.

These are the "additional features" listed on my online plan page - most of the links do not work - specifically the see all features link = The requested URL /clc/features/view_all.html was not found on this server.

Streamlined Billing

Caller ID

3-Way Calling

Call Waiting

Call Forwarding

M2M NATIONAL UNLIMITED

Block V CAST Video Clips

Block V CAST Music

250 Text, Picture and Video Messages

MOBILE WEB

NATIONAL ACCESS ROAM-MB

NEW EVERY TWO

Block Application Downloads

No Answer/Transfer

Call Delivery

Call Forward - No Answer

Basic Voice Mail

Block Ringback Tone Purchase

UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN

OTA SOFTWARE UPDATE

GENERAL IP ADDRESS

PAY AS YOU USE MEGABYTE DATA

Block Premium Messaging

TEC PHONES

I see the 250 txt msgs (obviously) but I do not see the insurance I bought on both phones & I want to be sure I didn't get "slipped" any extras. I could also use a crash course on what the rest of all this is (means) & how to use it. Like/for instance what is the difference - no answer transfer or call forward no answer? Is call waiting automatic or something I must activate? What is the Gen IP Addy for? What does TEC phones mean? I want to make sure I don't accidentally use a feature that is pay as you go (a la carte)... did I manage to block everything?

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I require patient guidance - in simple, detailed English...

I would be most grateful!!

Signed:

"Dragged kicking & screaming into the 21st century... now I'm confused..."

Labels (1)
0 Likes