View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Not honoring sales agreement
buckstr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from AT&T to verizon due to what the verizon sales agent presented to me.  During the transaction I made a point to ask what my total bill would be, to include everything.  I was told and the sales person wrote down that total out of pocket would be $152.00 plus tax. On this information I agreed to transfer my service from At&T to verizon.  I made it a point to ask so I would be sure of no confusion on my part or the sales rep.  When my bill finally came due it is for almost $400.00.  I have gone back to the store where the transaction happened and the manager informed me that the 152 was for the cost of the plan and the sales person thought I understood that price did not include the equipment cost.  There was no confusion. I specifically asked for total cost not just the plan cost. Now that this has happened I have lost the opportunity to keep the plan I would have had with AT&T and I can't afford what is now going to be a monthly bill of around $240.00.  This is a very dishonorable and dishonest way to conduct business.  I feel like I was intentionally misled just get my business.  All I asked of the manager was that the sales agreement be honored.  He has refused and now I have to take my phones away from my family.  I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB and the local chamber regarding this sales practice and this store.  Legal action is also a consideration now, since I was misled. I believe the store should be held accountable for what their sales reps agree to.

If this can be handled differently please let me know.

Labels (1)