View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Horrible Customer Service at a Verizon Store!
ssfava

My son needed a new phone (he was 2 weeks shy of his upgrade date).  I called customer service and asked if I could transfer my upgrade to his phone- even though I did not have a smart phone.  They assured me I could and said I could do it online or at a store.  We went to the Warwick, RI store- 399 Bald Hill Rd.  There was no one to meet us, no computer to check in and a lot of associates wandering around.  I asked for help and the associate put my name and reason for the visit in his iPad and said it would be a while before we could be helped.  Finally, Jose came to help us.  When we explained what we were there for, he looked confused, went into the back room, came back and began telling us that we should do Verizon Edge and that we had to switch our plan to More Everything.  I explained that I had checked with Customer Service and they said that a transfer was possible and that I could keep my old plan.  He disappeared again and after a while, I called Verizon Customer service on my phone where they reiterated what they had told me previously.  My husband went to get a manger - Ruth and explained what was going on.  Jose reappeared.  Ruth spoke with the rep on the phone and snarkily said,  " Could you explain it to her in a way she can understand?" and then handed the phone to me.  The rep then said that both lines would have a 2 year contract extension and my line would have to carry data (without a smartphone) for this 2 years.  I said OK, thank you for clearing that up and hung up.  Ruth then defended Jose saying that he was trying to save me money with the Edge plan and I just couldn't understand what he was telling me.  Now, I am a teacher and this lack of respect for a customer and the tone of voice was quite degrading.  Verizon stores used to be where you could go to get honest service but now they have become sales centers where all they want to do is sell you what will benefit them.  Shame on you, Verizon!  I stayed with you for 17 years even though the cost was more than others because I thought I could trust you but you have lost my trust. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes