View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
$150 credit Port In Promotion not received
Vanessa222

I've been perusing this community discussion board and I am so disappointed and frustrated with Verizon. I signed on to Verizon 5 months ago under the "Port In Promotion" that would credit your account with $150 after 2-3 billing cycles. I too, like many other customers reported on this forum, paid a cancellation fee from my previous provider back in January to come over to Verizon under this guise. It's been 5 months and I have not received the credit as promised.

I called customer service after the 3rd billing cycle was told that they "forgot to put in the request in" and he will do so immediately. After reviewing my account he informed me that I am still eligible for this promotion just like the first representatives told me. He apologized for the delay and informed me it would take about a week to process. A month has passed and I called back to follow up, since I've never received any courtesy call to give me an update about this particular promotion in my whole 5 months of being a customer. This rep told me, after putting me on hold for what felt like 20 min, that all of a sudden I am not eligible. I told him I've never heard this from any of the 4-5 reps I spoke to prior to this. As a matter of fact this promotion is what was suggested to me to get me to sign on. What makes matters worst is that I was told I was unable to use my original smartphone when I was making the switch and I had to buy the same phone from Verizon at FULL PRICE...that's $300 dollars.

After reviewing the posts left on this board I am not the only victim. There are so many customers that have been tricked in this way with so many different excuses given to them by Verizon after at lest 3 months of service from the type of phone they have, their plan, to where they bought their phone. They are blaming the "reps' that sold the promotion saying that "they were not trained". How can ALL of these different rep not have been trained? Had I known this is how Verizon does business I would have never signed on. My boyfriend, with whom I share a plan with, has been a Verizon customer for 13 years!. I feel cheated and deceived. I'd like this promotion to be honored as I spent so much money on Verizon already. I'd like more than an "I'm sorry our reps were not informed". The least that can be done is provide some kind of credit as this appears to be an issue for so many people. I want to know what can be done about this matter.

Labels (1)
0 Likes