View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Charged for a returned phone.
AA21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kinquana_VZW,

I was told by a few reps that the phone that I sent back was, indeed, received in the warehouse. I was also told by the reps that there was absolutely nothing that could be done, I had to pay the fee, and that I would not be able to get the phone back despite me paying for it. That seems extremely unfair. 1.) A couple of reps told me that I would be considered within the extension allowance based on the date the package was post marked. However, another rep told me that that information is incorrect. How am I supposed to trust Verizon Customer Service if the employees aren't on the same page? A rep also told me that I needed to get in touch with Asurion insurance as they are the ones who billed the fee charge to Verizon, and Verizon is just "sending the message". However, upon speaking with an Asurion insurance agent, they informed me that Verizon is actually the one who is charging me the fee, not them. I'm tired of going back and forth between customer service reps and not getting any help or any answers. Please tell me how it is fair that Verizon is charging me the full price of a phone despite having it in their possession. Or how it is fair that despite me paying the fee, I am unable to gain possession of the phone I am pretty much buying.