View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Can Verizon refuse to port my number to another carrier if I have an overdue balance?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ledererster, we're sad to hear that you want to leave us. Please be advised that your mobile number must be active in order to port out to another wireless carrier. However, you will be unable to port out if the line is currently suspended for non payment or if the account owner refuses to provide verification to release the number.

During the process of porting your number out, you can continue to use the phone you have with Verizon Wireless until your port is complete. Once the port is finished, your Verizon Wireless device will stop working.

If your new phone doesnโ€™t work after programming it, or if youโ€™re unsure if your service provider is a Verizon Wireless, please call (888) 844-7095 from another phone and the Port Center will be glad to help you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes