View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Verizon's Physical Damage Fee Policy; Scam??
Snn5
Legend

Basically, and this is the truth as I see it:  Verizon's policies over-ride their agents.  Just like with contracts and people trying to get out of them:  The wording of the contract supersedes any claim made by a representative, no matter if they are in person, in store, on the phone, in an email or in a chat session.  Reps are sometimes quick to pass a customer along, especially in store and face-to-face, and this can lead to "haste makes waste."  An in-store rep may believe a customer sincerely, but it is the inspector on the receiving end who makes the decision as to type of damage.  Believe me:  I have had to send in a defective phone under regular manufacturer's warranty before, knowing it was software related, but fearing they might find a liquid-detector (white/red sticker inside the phone) tripped and I would be charged $299 or more just because some ambient humidity found its way into the device through the Otterbox case.  Imagine sending in 4-5 phones in a year.....I was fairly paranoid, and for good reason.