View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: What happens when military deploys on edge contract?
rcschnoor
Legend

Military deployment allows you to suspend your SERVICE for a period of time, up to 3 yrs & 90 days I believe, or to terminate your service. I am unsure if military deployment allows you to suspend your Edge payments, though. I don't know if the language of the military suspension has anything in it regarding Edge agreements. Edge is NOT a service agreement, simply a purchasing agreement. Even though your SERVICE is suspended, you may have to continue making Edge payments.

Regardless, upgrade eligibility would not change. Before the most recent Edge changes, Edge upgrade eligibility was anytime after 30 days AND having paid off 75% of your Edge device. THAT would stay the same. IF you are able to suspend your Edge payments, you would still have that method of determining your Edge upgrade eligibility. After your deployment is over, I would assume you ARE more than 30 days into your Edge agreement. The only other eligibility requirement would be to have paid off 75% of your device.

Of course, if you made the purchase after June 1, 2015, you would have to pay off 100% of your device before being able to upgrade. There are also periods of time when the Edge payoff amounts were 50% and 60%. Whichever level of payoff was in effect when you made the purchase would be the level which would pertain to your situation.Smiley Happy

0 Likes