View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Verizon told me they were going to waive my etf, I have it in writing, and now they are denying it!
rcschnoor
Legend

wsard107 wrote:

So you say that Verizon prays on the ignorance of their customers not to check every bill for accuracy and not to read the constantly changing customer agreement?

You certainly like to put words in people's mouths. I am saying Verizon DOES NOT add something to your bill which you do not request. YOU thought you would automatically be charged for insurance. YOU did not ask for it. IT was not on your bill.

I have simply said insurance is a cash cow for cellular companies. WHY would they not automatically charge it? Because it is an opt-in feature. Most people do not want it. Verizon does not force it on you and hope you do not check your bill to determine you are being charged for something you do not want.

IF you want it, check your bill to confirm you have it. You have 30 days after a purchase to add it after the fact. This option to add insurance AFTER the fact is because you cannot always purchase it UNLESS you make the purchase at Verizon. For example, purchasing a phone directly from Apple does not give you the option of adding Assurion insurance because Apple would prefer you opt for Apple Care. Verizon allows you to add the insurance AFTER making a phone purchase at Apple for this reason.Smiley Happy

For Verizon to automatically add it to your bill WITHOUT the consumer asking for it WOULD be Verizon praying on the ignorance of consumers to check their bill to see they were being charged for something they did not actually want and have no knowledge they could use it if they needed it. FORTUNATELY, Verizon does not pray on the consumer like this.

0 Likes