View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Verizon Data Scam
frustrated123456
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like so many post before me, I also noticed a spike in the alleged data usage on the plan shared by my parents and I. Last month, there was no issues with data on a 1 GB plan, even though a line was added halfway through the month.  One week into the new month, I get a data alert to see that 75% of the 1GB of data was used.  I called customer service and upgraded to 2GB. Two days later, I get another alert to say that we've hit our 75% data limit for the prorated month.

Here's my issue.

1. I call on 11.25 to change the plan which is day 8 of the 29 day cycle between 11.17-12.16.  The prorated data they provided us was 1.6GB.  If you do the math 8 divided by 29 is only 27%, which means the prorated data for the rest of the month should be 1.73GB and not 1.6GB.

2. I called my dad to see why his phone is using so much data.  He says he does not know and I personally had turned off his cellular data option on his iphone 6, which means NO CELLULAR data should be used. I enabled wifi on his phone so that option is always on. So when he views anything needing data, he's ALWAYS connected by wifi.

3. I log into my verizon to check the data usage. It claims my dad has used 841.MB of data. So I downloaded the unused data into a spreadsheet and summed it up. It only added up to 649.3.  BUT THE BIGGER PROBLEM IS THAT MY DAD'S CELLULAR DATA IS IN THE OFF MODE which means there should be NO data. In addition to that, there is a spike in usage around 10p every night for the last four nights.  We have wifi at home so Why is there a spike when the cell data is off and we have wifi at home.

4. I looked at my own personal usage log and noticed that my phone is using data in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping.  I also have wifi at home so there is no reason why cell data is being used. On top of that, I also downloaded the spreadsheet for the usage on my phone

Now I got an alert this morning that we're at 90%. There is something majorly wrong going on if so many people are complaining about the same thing.  I would like my proration corrected and an explanation as how data could be pulled when the cell data is turned off.

Labels (1)