View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Iphone 6 upgrade
rcschnoor
Legend

People are simply unhappy because they were hoping to get something for which they obviously weren't eligible. If people actually thought they didn't need to be eligible for an upgrade, they could simply buy phone after phone after phone at that price. With these phones currently selling for $500+ on ebay how could ANYONE possibly think this would be the case????

At Verizon OR ANY PROVIDER for that matter, "new 2-yr activation req'd" means you must be eligible to enter into a new 2-yr contract. It has always meant that, it always will mean that.

Hoping it doesn't mean that and having "quite a few people who aren't too happy about it" is simply people hoping to get something for nothing.

I would certainly be unhappy if I were to hope for a business venture where I could purchase a phone for $200 and then immediately turn around and sell it for $500+ knowing I could simply purchase another one for $200. After all, if I thought I was eligible for the promotion when I was under contract, I could purchase as many as I wanted at that $200 price and STILL only be stuck with Verizon for a 2-yr period. Common sense isn't what it used to be.Smiley Happy

For example, I make the purchase at $200 even though I am still under contract. I turn around and sell the phone for $500, which would undercut the aftersale market by a considerable amount. I just made $300. I purchase another phone for $200 even though I am still under contract.  I turn around and sell the phone for $500, which would undercut the aftersale market by a considerable amount. I just made $300. I purchase another phone for $200 even though I am still under contract.  I turn around and sell the phone for $500, which would undercut the aftersale market by a considerable amount. I just made $300. I purchase another phone for $200 even though I am still under contract.  I turn around and sell the phone for $500, which would undercut the aftersale market by a considerable amount. I just made $300. I purchase another phone for $200 even though I am still under contract. I now have a phone and am up $1000. I can understand why "quite a few people aren't too happy about it"!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes