View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Verizon competition for Sprint's iPhone marketing plan?
CB2L
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone seen anything a Verizon plan that looks like it comes anywhere close to Sprint's "iPhone for life" + Simply Unlimited Plan?

Granted, "iPhone for Life" is basically the same thing as Verizon's "Edge" leasing option, but the ability to combine it with a $50 Unlimited Talk/Text/Data plan is pretty attractive. 

I just re-upped with Verizon back in back in April, and picked up the HTC One M8.  I like the phone, and I prefer Verizon's network (I'm military, and move around a bit).  But I cracked my phone's screen for the first time EVER a few days ago, and I'm about a week and a half outside of the 6-month time frame for HTC's Advantage one-time free screen replacement.  So I'm looking at a $200 repair and I'm thinking, why not just switch to Sprint on the iPhone for Life and Simply Unlimited plan, avoid that $200 cost, get a brand-new phone, and actually end up paying less per month ($70/month for Sprint iPhone vs. $75/month currently with Verizon) for a service plan that includes unlimited data? Especially when Sprint will cover ETFs?

The Verizon network is better, but unlimited data, a new phone, and not paying for a $200 screen repair combine to make a pretty hefty carrot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes