View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Edge question
sauroang
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back in July, I was really wanting to try my hand at android (long time iPhone user) and really liked the S5. I had upgraded to the iPhone 5S several months earlier and started an edge agreement. When I decided I wanted to try a Galaxy S5, and found I was eligible to do the early edge if I paid 60% of the balance of my iPhone, I went to a corporate Verizon store to do this. My edge agreement had been inadvertently deleted by Verizon (I initially upgraded to the iPhone and started the edge agreement online) so I was unable to edge up or upgrade, as I was not shown as being under an edge agreement, and my old 2 year contract wasn't yet expired. After a couple weeks of back and forth with verizon on the phone and contact with the store manager, my issue wasn't resolved. I then decided that I would sell the iPhone online. I did sell it, and then proceeded to go to another Verizon store to purchase the S5 at full price. So, I now have the S5, and my edge agreement problems were resolved eventually. However, my edge agreement is still for the iPhone that I sold in order to purchase the S5 I now have. I'm just wondering if I am able to edge up and keep my S5, since I own it outright after paying full price. From what I understand, I would have to pay the entire remaining balance of the iPhone to edge up also...but would I have to send anything in if I wanted to get another edge phone, since I would then own both outright? Sorry if this is super confusing, I tried to make it as easy as possible to follow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes