View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Not applicable

which law can the government use to force Verizon to offer unlimited data? Heck the government can't even prevent WIRED internet ISPs from instituting caps. My cable ISP has a 250 GB cap. That's a lot compared to wireless but it's certainly not unlimited.

Also your "just estimates so number don't matter".  Um.. when someone states Verizon won't do something because 25-30 million will eave when it can be proven they don't have that many then yes it matters. My numbers aren't estimates I get them straight from Verizon quarterly reports which are available from this website. Simple math and logic can tell you there is no where near 25-30 million unlimited data customers.

People said Share Everything would cause Verizon to lose customers. FALSE. people said denying unlimited data customers discounted upgrade would cause them to lose customers FALSE. The vast majority of Verizon customers do NOT have unlimited data and I doubt many are going to feel sorry if unlimited data users lose unlimited data. Yes the guy paying $30 for 2 GB is going to be feeling bad for the unlimited data guy losing his $30 for unlimited data plan. I think not.

By the way you get rid of unlimited data you can instantly double or triple the caps. Any unlimited data customers they lose they'll gain back from At&t customers coming to Verizon and getting 20 or 30 GB for what At&t charges for 10 GB.