View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Mstantz
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • I just wanted to post an update since Verizon did resolve this issue.  I had called at around 3:30 yesterday about my $36 refund after following EVERY step required and got "escalation" story.  I tweeted and posted in this forum and at 2:42am an e-mail came through that the reason I didn't get my full refund was because I did not turn off Activation Lock (which by the way is a lie since Apple provides a great link where you can check if it has been turned on or off  https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/and mine was confirmed off - www.icloud.com/activationlock/ ).  However, as a courtesy they were issuing an additional gift card for $164 within the next 48 hours.  So - Verizon - THANK YOU for doing the right thing!  However, you need to rectify this issue with your "Device Recycling Team" ASAP as I have been reading on many forums most are not getting the quick resolution that I received.  Nor, should there be this many discrepancies between what is shipped back and what is stated as being received. 

0 Likes